Date: Nov. 06, 2020
1. Transportation and stacking and on-site inspection of pipelines
The finished ductile iron pipes are transported to the construction site and inspected in accordance with the standards. Those that do not meet the standards shall not be used and be marked and processed in time. The pipeline installation can be carried out after the construction is completed. During installation, handle with care to avoid falling or hitting the pipe.
2. Preparation before installation
a). Inspect whether the width and elevation of the groove bottom of the ductile iron pipe meet the design requirements and whether they meet the allowable deviation of the specification.
b). Check whether the ductile iron pipes and fittings are damaged.
c). Remove the burrs and debris from the nozzle of the ductile iron pipe. Before pipeline installation and construction, use steel wire brushes, cotton gauze, etc. to carefully clean the silt and dead foreign matter in the inner cavity of the socket and the outer surface of the spigot end, and no foreign matter such as silt, oil and dirt shall be contained.
d). The rubber ring of ductile iron pipe ensures complete shape, smooth surface, no deformation, distortion, or cracks.
3. Installation requirements
(1) Lower tube: The tube should be lowered to the bottom of the groove according to the technical requirements of the ductile iron tube lower tube. Manual or mechanical down tube method can be used
(2) Cleaning the nozzle: all the debris in the ductile iron pipe socket should be removed and scrubbed clean because any attachments can cause water leakage at the joint
(3) Clean the rubber ring and put the rubber ring: clean the adhesives on the rubber ring of the ductile iron pipe, and explore and press it along the entire rubber ring with your hands, or use a wooden hammer or rubber hammer to smash it to ensure that the rubber ring is The part is not warped or twisted and is evenly stuck in the groove.
(4) Brush the lubricant on the outer surface of the socket and the rubber ring: the lubricant is used as an oil, or soapy water can be used to evenly brush the lubricant on the inner surface of the rubber ring installed in the socket, outside the socket When applying lubricant on the surface, brush all the socket parts except the socket line evenly.
(5) When installing, first put the socket into the socket and press the socket onto the inner rubber ring of the socket, connect the wire rope and the rewinding chain, and tighten the rewinding chain. At the same time, shake the pipe left and right at the pipe socket end. Until the socket is inserted into the socket all in place.
The above information is provided by the DI pipe manufacturer.